Serving the San Fernando Valley and Surrounding Los Angeles Areas
Geriatric Care Management
Are you asking yourself the following questions?
- Are my parents safe at home?
- Is concern for my parents' health taking me away from my family?
- What kind of help would increase safety while maintaining my parents' dignity and independence?
If so, then you might benefit from the services of a Geriatric Care Manager.
At Loving Tender Home Care Our Geriatric Care Management services begin with a comprehensive assessment of the client. This assessment includes.
- Evaluating the client's physical, emotional, functional and social strengths and needs.
- Formulating a Plan of Care based on the client's needs and preferences.
- Providing a link to resources and services to meet the identified needs.
The Plan of Care is an integral part of Geriatric Care Management. The client and their family are involved in the Plan of Care. Ideally it is our goal to identify the strengths of the family and assist them in locating appropriate community resources. However, adult children often live at a distance or are unable to assist as much as they would like. We are then able to provide additional services to meet the goals of the Plan of Care. These services may include:
- Arranging and monitoring in-home help or services
- Selecting, coordinating and monitoring new living arrangements based on needs
- Acting as a liaison to families at a distance
- Advocating for clients with the professional community (physicians, insurance, hospitals, nursing homes and retirement communities)
- Medication management by a Registered Nurse
- Counseling and support for clients and their families
We also offer a Geriatric Care Management Retainer Program. This allows adult children who live at a distance to have peace of mind that in a crisis, their parent would have immediate assistance as well as a local liaison to act as their eyes and ears. This program is especially helpful if a senior is in a nursing home or admitted to a hospital.